1. Would the people who live nearest to you characterize you as a complaining person or a thankful person?
2. When you look at your world, do you find yourself celebrating God's common grace?
3. Do you view yourself as one who has been constantly short-changed and or do you view yourself as one who has been unfairly showered with blessings?
4. Do you choose to focus your communication on what is broken and wrong or do you tend to communicate what is beautiful and good?
5. What is your tendency? In your relationships, are you encouraging friends and family to continue their grumbling or are you encouraging friends and family to find reasons to give thanks to God?
6. What is your tendency? In your relationships, do you find yourself frequently tearing others down or do you find yourself frequently building others up?
7. What is your plan to cultivate the discipline that Paul calls Thanksgiving?