Households ... A Training Environment (part 2)
Brainstorm together about different scenarios when it might be helpful to use the PED tool. Pick one of them to practice this week.
Talk about two things in your household training environment or culture for which you are grateful to God.
Talk about one pattern in your household you would like to see God change. Pray about it.
Households ... A Training Environment (part 1)
If your “household” includes the next generation: talk together about the 4 Foundations. Which one do you want to put into practice in new ways? How will you do that?
If your “household” does not include the next generation: what are ways you could implement the 4 Foundations among the people you do life with? Talk together about steps you want to take, and maybe ways you can include the next generation.
Family Life: Forming Healthy Households
- What vision for your household or hope for your future is God drawing your attention to from what you heard in the teaching from Deuteronomy 6 and Judges 2?
- What is the warning of from Judges 2 for those leading a household?
- Tim Keller said good things become bad things when they become an ultimate things. In forming a healthy household we tend to get off track when good things become ultimate things. What good thing in your household attempts to become an ultimate thing?
- What are the negative consequences when that good thing becomes an ultimate thing?
- What truth about God do you need to believe, hang on to, and remember in order to keep you from making that good thing and ultimate thing?