2 Samuel 6:1-19
On scale of 1 (Not very true) to 5 (very true), how would you rate yourself on the following:
- It’s easy for me to identify what I am feeling inside. 1 2 3 4 5
- I am willing to explore previously unknown or unacceptable parts of myself, allowing Christ to more fully transform me. 1 2 3 4 5
- I enjoy being alone in quiet reflection with God and myself. 1 2 3 4 5
- I can share freely about my emotions, joy, and pain. 1 2 3 4 5
- I am able to experience and deal with anger in a way that leads to growth in others and myself. 1 2 3 4 5
- I am honest with myself (and a few significant others) about the feelings, beliefs, doubts, pains, and hurts beneath the surface of my life. 1 2 3 4 5
(Adapted from Pete Scazzero, The Emotionally Healthy Church)
Total your score. What does your score say about your maturity in looking below the surface of your life?
Talk about what might be helping you or keeping you from going with God below the surface of your life.