The 5th of 6 emails unveiling the 5 Guiding Principles LFA’s Governing Elders formed to discern big decisions for LFA’s future. Today, Guiding Principle #4: God’s methods include strategic planning.
- God gave Moses detailed construction plans for the tabernacle (Exodus 26:30).
- David gave Solomon detailed building plans for the Temple (1 Chronicles 29:11).
- Nehemiah took four months to pray and plan a construction project for the walls of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 2:1-9).
- God planned the perfect timing of Jesus’ birth (Galatians 4:4).
The point is simple: when God determines to do something, he often calls His people to think, to plan, to strategize. Certainly, not every human plan is God’s plan, but God’s methods often include strategic planning.
Because we don’t talk about it publicly that often, you may be unaware of the extent of LFA’s strategic planning.
- We plan each Sunday Celebration with deliberate detail.
- We plan the budget for the church with multiple layers of input.
- We are planning and assessing triggers to launch a regular Saturday PM service.
- We are planning and taking active steps to plant a new church.
- We are planning for our building and facility needs, trusting God for a “home base” or “Mission Hub” for LFA. When the time comes, the project will be strategically staged to proceed one phase at a time.
Because God calls us to plan, our confidence comes with His promise that we can ask for wisdom and He will give it generously (James 1:5). Please join with us in that prayer. Next week: God’s commands call for faithful giving.
Pastor Nate (email@example.com)