What’s going on with... the 4’s and 5’s??
A newsletter for parents of 4 and 5 year olds at LFAC
From the 4-5 year old classroom:
This month, in June, we'll be studying these stories with your kids on Sunday mornings: God chooses Ruth to be part of His family (Ruth 1-4), God grants Hannah's request and God calls Samuel (1 Samuel 1-3), and God shows He is greater than the idol Dagon (1 Samuel 4-7:2). This month, maybe read these stories over once on your own, and ask God if there's anytime when you're teaching or disciplining your child that God might want YOU to reference one of these stories about what God is like in what you say to your child!
Here are the teachers that will be with your 4-5 year old in June:
1st service: Karla Laws and Tom Pagels
2nd service: Karen Martine, Sara Seabock, and Mia Toscani.
We've been looking (and crying out to God) for more people who will help out in the 4-5 classroom. If you're AT ALL interested, please email Sharon Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org) or grab her when you see her in the children's lobby area. We'd be so happy to have you volunteer!
Hey Parents! Here’s an Idea to Try!
Jump on board with what our church is doing this summer, and do it WITH your kids: this whole 'Live On Mission’ thing. Let them add a name or two to your list of the lost people that you're praying for, and pray for your list WITH them once a week. And plan your events for those lost people WITH your kids. Talk with them about the reality that some people love Jesus and some people don't...and that it’s very sad that there are so many people who don’t have what you have: the comfort of God, the love and acceptance that Jesus gives YOU, the safety of belonging to Him. Talk to them this month about what it looks like for people to be LOST!
Check out these important dates &
stick ’em on your calendar today:
● New First Grader Parent Gathering: July 31
● LFA Camp: August 1-5
● 4 Year Old Parent Gathering: August 14
● 2 Year Old Parent Gathering: August 28
● Parent Summit: November 19
And how about some blogs to read?????
● Four Ways for Fathers to Engage at Home A blog giving some practical suggestions on connecting.
● Tired at the End of the Work Day A blog post for dads to remember HOW to have the energy to engage their families when all they want to do is take a nap after work.
● Mom Enough: The Fearless Mother's Heart and Hope A free Ebook put out by some of desiringgod.org's contributors. http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/mom-enough-new-book