Caleb Howard, Family Ministry Coordinator
Watch out for me on the side of the road!! Instead of riding in a car, I would MUCH rather arrive by taking a long walk (or a bike ride) (or a bus ride) with my wife (Sarah) and two daughters (Ava - 6 and Bethany - 4). As a family we are EXPERTS at enjoying 1) laughing 2) dancing to crazy music in the living room and 3) treats at Dunkin' Donuts. We are not-so-much-EXPERTS but are learning to enjoy 1) working out conflicts 2) sharing even our messiest of feelings and 3) reminding each other that, in the hard/messy times, Jesus and his gospel are relevant and essential. My wife and I write about this kind of thing at SoMuchHope.com
My Responsibilities at LFA:
- To love the Lord, my God, with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my strength. (Deut. 6:5)
- To value, cherish and obey the Lord's commandments. (Deut. 6:6)
- To love my wife just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. (Eph. 5:25)
- To impress God's commandments on my children -- to talk about them when I sit at home and when I walk along the road, when I lie down and when I get up. (Deut. 6:7)
- To lead a group of people that will do the same in their households. Furthermore, this group will join me in motivating 500 households to inspire the next generation to love and follow Jesus.